Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's ten o"clock do you know where Granny is?

It's ten PM and do you know where your granny or Mama is? Try the local McDonald's, she may well be there drinking "senior's priced" coffee and trying to get picked up!

Have you been to McDonalds and watched the same seniors at 9 AM returning at 10 PM to socialize, drink cheap coffee and probably get laid? Screw going to the bar, church groups or even senior celibacy for that matter! Just go to McDonalds swill coffee, free refills for seniors, and engage in a "menage et fifteen or twenty"!

Here in Edmonton when one patronizes those "golden arches" one does not go to the can and leave their breakfast or Edmonton Sun unattended. Your hash browns and newspaper are long gone before you can get back. Once I did catch some obstreperous, obdurate and unrepentant geriatric thief in the act. She looked at me and said "what"?

I love the peace of leaving the little lady and family asleep on Saturdays and hitting Rotten Ronnie's for breakfast and the week-end editions of both the National Post and the Globe and Mail.

So here I am at peace with the world and the Globe and Mail and this frail looking thief is reaching over my breakfast to snag my National Post. I look at the miscreant and say," excuse me, that is mine".

This elderly Jabba the Hut looking guy looks at me and says,"that's all right I'll give it back to you when I'm done". I look at "Big Al" and say, "OK gimme yer car keys, I'll give "em" back to ya when I'm done"! Gramps has no sense of humour!

There is always the imperious lady butting herself in front of you in line, and tapping her soggy coffee cup on the counter saying, "refill"!

They are never alone. They are all "ganged up"! Many of the women "dress" for the occasion. It is ten PM at McDonalds and there's granny in her best jewellery, her fur coat and a condom in her purse, humming to herself "I'm lovin it"!

No comments: